Unique And Cheap Gift Ideas For The Boston Sports Fan
The city of Boston is having one of the greatest sports runs any city has ever seen. The Red Sox won the the World Series back in October, the Celtics are off to the greatest start in NBA history and the New England Patriots are the first NFL to go 16-0. Now I am not a Boston sports fan by any means, but the city does deserve some recognition for this extended and unprecedented run. Lazytuna has put together a list of some unique and cheap gift ideas for the Boston sports fan. Trying to stray away from things like Red Sox Monopoly or Patriots caps. Not a big fan of generic goods. I am really hoping I can do a list like this for NY someday, but it doesn’t seem very likely.
1. LONGBALL VINEYARDS – I am not sure how long these charity wines will last, but there are some bottle still out there. Schilling Schardonnay, Caberknuckle, and Manny being Merlot are charity wines sponsored by Red Sox players Curt Schilling, Tim Wakefield and Manny Ramirez respectively. The proceeds go to charity and bottles are selling for $11.99 at wine.com and all over New England. Easy choice for any Red Sox fan.
2. ANYTHING FROM SULLY – Sully’s T’s produce every kind of T-shirt and bumper sticker you can imagine. You won’t find these T-shirts anywhere else as almost all of them are copyrighted originals. At $14.99 this is one of the best, cheap gifts you can get any Boston sports fans. Where else can you get a “Bruschi is my Drinking Buddy” T-shirt?
3. LITTLE PATRIOTS GIFT SET – I get a sports gift for pretty much ever friend or relative that has a new baby. It is always a hit with the new mom and dad. This set seems pretty complete. It is a little steep at $21.95, but not bad for all that you are getting.
4. FENWAY PARK: BEHIND THE SCENES – For $12 you can do a full tour of Historic Fenway Park. You get to visit the luxury boxes, press box, green monster and even the dugouts. It is a perfect gift for any Red Sox fan, even any fan of baseball in general.
5. BOSTON BRUINS WIVES CHARITY CARNIVAL – This is a no brainer for an Bruins fan or any hockey fan. It is $20 for adults and $10 for kids, but well worth it. Families get to participate in a variety of events including visiting the locker room and taking shots on goal. We missed the event this year, but are already planning for next year’s winter event. Great hockey fun for all ages.
6. PATRIOTS UNDERWEAR – I haven’t seen any lingerie out there, but I am sure that would make a great gift. There are lots of affordable thongs and boxers for Patriot and Red Sox fans. You can find some of them at Fans Edge. You can even get your favorite players under garments on Ebay. Word is Jason Varitek’s boxers sold for $255.
7. RED SOX LUNCHBOX GIFT SET – A nice, old-school Red Sox lunchbox that contains Cape Cod Cranberries, Wine, Cheese and New England Clam Chowder. All for $20 bucks. Not a bad deal for the eclectic Sox fan.
8. I HATE NEW YORK PINS – True Boston fans, especially those who live in or around Boston, really hate NY. They really, really do. These pins were made by a designer on Cafe Press. Along with coffee mugs, t-shirts and mouse pads, you can get anything for the true NY hater starting at $2.