The Ugliest Jerseys In NFL/NHL/NBA/MLB Leagues
A team’s jersey is like a name card, a brand, a public image to the team. Also the jerseys come with the best shining moments of the players. But not every jersey is a boutique. Some of them are really hard to compliment. Most of the ugly jerseys would have a majority part of orange color. No matter in pure orange color or orange mixed with other colors, the whole look is just making it look awkward and definitely not fit for competition. So let’s take a look at the ugliest jerseys in NFL/NHL/NBA/MLB Leagues of all time!
1. The Philadelphia Eagles’ NFL Jerseys. In order to commemorate the NFL 75 anniversary, Philadelphia Eagles team’s players in 2007 all put on their NFL jerseys of 1932. This one was mainly in yellow color. And it really didn’t fit the NFL game. The color was a failure.
2. The Hartford Whalers’ NHL Jerseys. Hartford is a great NHL hockey city, but the Whalers’ jerseys in 1979 were really awful. The whole green color was more than ugly. However, although the team left the league in 1994, still their green NHL jerseys were hard to be forgotten.
3. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ NFL Jerseys. When they first entered the NFL league, they lost the first 26 games in the beginning. And their pure orange NFL jerseys had been criticized a lot. The whole design was awful, the logo was ugly. But they had been using them for 20 years from 1976 to 1995. And in the end they changed the color to be red/white.
4. The Syracuse University’s NFL Jerseys. Their head-to-toe whole pure orange NFL jerseys were laughed at and called the great pumpkin. Sometimes I almost thought it was the Netherland team which is famous for its tulips.
5. The Vancouver Canucks’ NHL Jerseys. In 1978-1984, the big V letter in orange and yellow color was a really bold attempt. Now the Canucks have improved it a lot.
6. The Denver Nuggets’ NBA Jerseys. It’s the most famous rainbow jersey design in NBA history. Among the dark green background color, they put a rainbow in the chest. However, it turned out to be as ugly as possible. And it had been used for 10 years from 1982 to 1993.
7. The Houston Astros’ MLB Jerseys. This is another rainbow oriented jersey. Among the pure white background color, the red-orange-yellow stripes looked just like rainbow. And the color appeared to be too girlish and not tough enough. I’m afraid this one is my most disappointing MLB jersey.
The above all listed are my ugliest jerseys in the major four leagues of NFL/NHL/NBA/MLB. This is only my opinion. What is yours? Please leave your comments and share your thoughts!